Denmark Walpole Community Energy and Water Project
This six-month project addressed the issue of a significant peak in demand for energy during the Easter and Christmas holidays in the Western Australian suburbs of Denmark and Walpole.
On behalf of the client, Western Power and Water Corporation, LESS implemented over 325 residential and business surveys to investigate key contributors to energy demand and conducted over 5700 energy and water saving retrofits, installing more than 8,000 energy-saving bulbs and 450 water saving products.
LESS was responsible for:
- Designing residential and business appliance surveys;
- Training and managing staff to conduct residential and commercial appliance surveys;
- Training and managing staff to install High Power Factor energy-saving bulbs, tap aerators and flow controllers;
- Extensive community engagement and reporting;
- Completing a Post Implementation Review.
LESS also provided recommendations for future demand management opportunities including behaviour modification and direct load control options, implementation strategies, timeframes and projected savings.