Who we are
Low Energy Supplies and Services Pty Ltd (LESS) is an Australian company that delivers energy and water savings to generate real financial and environmental benefits. With offices in Sydney and Melbourne, LESS has over 40 staff and a growing portfolio of programs.
LESS is a leading innovator in creating and delivering energy efficiency and demand management programs in Australia. Our expertise is in the large-scale distribution of domestic energy and water efficient products either direct to householders or through public and private sector clients.
Founded in 2001, LESS has been directly responsible for almost two million tonnes of carbon abatement and water savings of over 40 gigalitres per annum.
Since our foundation we have provided energy-saving light bulbs and showerheads to over 200,000 homes in NSW in partnership with over 50 metropolitan and regional councils, metropolitan and regional water companies as well as energy utilities, NGOs and charities and businesses.
Our accreditation under State and national greenhouse schemes
LESS was the first private company to gain accreditation to create NSW Greenhouse Gas Abatement Certificates for distribution of efficient showerheads and energy saving light bulbs under the NSW Greenhouse Gas Reduction Scheme.
LESS has also gained accreditation under the national Greenhouse FriendlyTM program administered by the Australian Greenhouse Office - one of only 2 companies accredited to create abatement from energy-saving bulbs.
LESS is accredited and can create carbon credits under the following schemes:
- NSW Greenhouse Gas Reduction Scheme (GGAS);
- NSW Energy Savings Scheme (ESS)
- Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET);
- Residential Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES);
- Greenhouse Friendly™;
- Office of the Renewable Energy Regulator (ORER).
Our Company Philosophy
We believe that it is possible to create tangible economic benefits from environmental stewardship. At LESS, we use expertise in energy, environmental programs, engineering and management to generate programs that make a positive difference.
The company is motivated by environmental outcomes, and we choose our methods based on business expertise with both the private and public sector.
In our day-to-day work we apply "practical philanthropy". For LESS, this means a professional approach to fostering change for the better. For example, we:
- support non-government organisations and charities through our business practices
- prefer to work with ethical suppliers and partners
- use recycled paper in all our business printing
- recycle toner cartridges through Cartridge 4 Planet Ark program
- purchase Green Power for our low energy offices
- use public transport wherever possible and offset our travel emissions